Stress management – Signs, symptoms and coping mechanism
Stress is a body condition that affects everyone at a certain point in our day to day lives. It is a body’s reaction to harmful conditions whether they may be real or perceived. When one feels threatened by any situation or circumstance, the body automatically produces a fit-to-fight chemical, more known as a stress response. In such a state, your heart rate increases, breathing quickens, blood-pressure rises, and muscles tighten. While all of us are victims of stress in some form or another, it is important to emphasize on the increasing rate of stress across the UAE.
- According to a report submitted by a clinic in Dubai, 80% of people in the UAE face different forms of stress and anxiety disorders
- Amongst this, 35%-45% are from the working class. Even though UAE is seeing a surge in the wellness index, the working group are constantly feeling pressurized leading to many stress conditions on varying levels
- Internationally, research indicates that 88% of women and 85% of men face constant stress in their respective workplace where they consider the work – “unmanageable”
While these figures seem horrifying, it is crucial for all to take action which starts by understanding our body better. There are many signs and symptoms which tend to affect almost all aspects of our life – physical ability, mental conscious, day-to-day routine and emotions. Some of the key symptoms are as follows:
- Getting easily flustered, agitated, frustrated and anxious
- Feeling overwhelmed or the need to take control over majority of the situations
- Low self-esteem, or the feeling of being lonely, depressed or worthless which may lead to avoiding others
- Some of the physical symptoms include low energy, frequent headaches, upset stomach, nausea, chest pain, and rapid heartbeat
- Other cognitive signs are poor judgement, inability to focus, racing thoughts, forgetfulness or disorganization and being pessimistic
This is where our brain training specialists at Evolve Brain Training come in the picture. Our brain training center specializes in neurofeedback therapy which works directly at the physiological levels. This is a form of biofeedback that evaluates and measures the physiological changes that are mostly associated with how is one thinking, feeling and behaving. This information is fed in real time creating a context to regulate the body processes, hence influencing one’s physical abilities and emotional resilience. These neurofeedback sessions aim to improve brain performance and functions such as attention, impulse control, emotional self-regulation, self-organization, motivation and will power to name a few. So, if you are looking for a holistic approach with stress management in Dubai, we highly recommend undertaking a complete package of neurofeedback training consisting of 20 sessions.
At the end of your training, you will be able to experience the positive changes for yourself. Your brain will learn to relax better, deal with stress better ultimately leading to a better work-life balance.
Dr. Upasana Gala is the founder and CEO of Evolve Brain Training, a Neurofeedback-centered institute that focuses on using non-invasive brain training techniques to maximize the brain's true potential.