Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Dubai: What Is It and How Can It Help?
- What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- What Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treat?
- Why Choose Evolve Brain for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- How Does It Work?
- What Does the CBT Process Look Like?
- What to Expect During a CBT Session
What Is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
CBT is a proven method of treating psychological problems. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), there is ample scientific evidence that CBT methods produce change.
What Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treat?
CBT is also helpful in addressing chronic pain and other issues like procrastination, marital problems, and substance abuse.
Why Choose Evolve Brain Training for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Compliance with the CBT premise, framework, and techniques is the hallmark of cognitive behavioral therapy at Evolve Brain Training.
Self-Help AssignmentsEvolve Brain Training provides many relevant self-help assignments after every session. These self-help assignments maximize the positive effects of CBT sessions. They help the client build on what they learn during their CBT sessions.
CollaborativeAt Evolve Brain Training, the psychotherapist and the client work together to understand the problem and agree on the goal of therapy.
The therapist and the client also work together to formulate a treatment strategy.
Emphasis on the Present and the FutureAt Evolve Brain Training, CBT is focused on the now and on moving on instead of focusing on the past. Emphasis falls on what the client is going through or experiencing right now – how they think, feel, and behave. The therapist will not dwell on what might be years' worth of accumulated experiences and events leading up to the client's current problems. The therapist might establish some historical background, but the focus will always be on solutions, reducing depression, anxiety, or whatever psychological problems the client is experiencing.
The goal is to help the client overcome their current psychological symptoms so they can look forward to a more functional future, one without or with less intense symptoms.
Structured and Time-BoundAt Evolve Brain Training, cognitive behavioral therapy follows a set structure.
Like any treatment, it begins with a diagnosis of what's ailing the client. The therapist then designs a custom treatment strategy involving a set number of CBT sessions and homework assignments.
Specific and Goal-FocusedCognitive behavioral therapy at Evolve Brain Training focuses on goals and solutions. From the start, the therapist asks the client about the psychological problems they wish to address.
Thus, if the client has a fear of flying, the goal of CBT would be to enable them to ride on an airplane. If the client has anxiety and depression, treating their anxiety and depression, and alleviating their symptoms would be the goal.
Solution FocusedAside from being focused on specific psychological problems, CBT at Evolve Brain Training is geared towards solving the issues that have been identified during assessment and in CBT sessions.
All sessions and all homework are designed to help the client overcome their psychological problems.
The Client is Their Own Therapist
CBT works in a way that lets the client be their own therapist. CBT at Evolve Brain Training involves the client throughout the process, from the start to the end of treatment, in sessions and homework assignments.
How Does CBT Work?
- evaluating one's cognition (thinking, learning, remembering, perceptions) and learned behavior;
- exposing cognitive flaws, if any, and fixing such defects; and
- equipping one with coping mechanisms that they can use to cope with their psychological symptoms.
- distorted cognitive processes or flawed and futile ways of thinking and perceiving situations, and
- acquired or learned patterns of ineffective, unproductive behavior.
Therefore, using cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety, depression and other psychological problems takes a two-pronged approach.
Correcting Distorted CognitionTo treat psychological problems, flawed or futile ways of thinking and behaving need to be addressed. After a person's cognition and habitual patterns of behavior change, they will overcome their psychological problems.
In other words, one will be able to change the way they feel and behave.
Coping MechanismsCBT also believes that one may gain relief from psychological symptoms and improve their quality of life by learning to cope better with their psychological problems. A client presenting with depression and anxiety will be made aware of any flawed thought processes and problematic habitual patterns of behavior that contribute to their fear and depression. Additionally, CBT will also teach them how to reduce depression and anxiety through coping mechanisms.
For instance, cognitive therapy for depression may include homework that will distract the client and detract from their feelings of despair. Their anxiety disorder treatment or coping mechanism, on the other hand, may involve a minute of breathing exercises whenever they feel overwhelmed with fear or anxiety.
What Does the CBT Process Look Like?
Our approach to CBT in Dubai usually follows this process.
1. 15-Minute Free ConsultationThe client tells the therapist about their specific problems and the goals they want to achieve from the treatment.
2. Assessment ProcessAt this stage, the therapist and the client talk in depth about the client's problems. The therapist assesses the client's cognitive processes and learned behaviors, based upon which they will formulate a treatment strategy.
3. CBT SessionsThe client returns for their CBT sessions. The number of sessions required will be stated from the start and depend on the therapist's assessment of the client's condition.
The therapist will have a specific objective for every session. The client, moreover, is given homework or assignment that they need to accomplish in between sessions.Homework or assignments given after every session are designed to reinforce what the client is learning in CBT sessions, train them in critical coping mechanisms, and test their commitment to the process.
The therapist and the client jointly assess progress at this point. They will determine and recognize their successes and failures. The therapist and the client may declare the treatment an unqualified success or decide to continue the treatment.Depending on the progress moreover, the therapist might move the client to cognitive behavioral coaching.
What to Expect During a CBT Session
- Be aware of their thought processes, especially the ones that are contributing to their problems
- Reevaluate the way they think considering what is real instead of what they have always thought or perceived to be real
- See the flaw in their thinking
- Acknowledge how their flawed thinking is contributing to their problems
- Attain a better and undistorted understanding of other people, especially their behavior and motivation
- Improve their problem-solving skills so they can cope better with problems and difficult situations
- Be more self-confident about their abilities
- Face their fears instead of continuing to avoid them.
- Do something that will distract them or take away the intensity of their symptoms.
CBT & COACHING PRICING
- Full Consultation AED 550
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy AED 550
- Final Evaluation AED 250
- Coaching AED 450
- 1 Full Consultation
- 5x Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- 1 Final Evaluation